- Posters submitted to the competition must be presented at the SWAA Annual Conference of the same year. The submitted poster may not differ substantially from the poster at time of presentation.
- Only single-authored posters are allowed.
- The author must be an undergraduate or graduate student and must be enrolled in a college or university at the time when the poster is presented at the SWAA Annual Conference.
- In order to be in the competition all you need to do is present your poster during your allotted time slot. All single-authored student posters are automatically entered into the Student Poster Competition. If you have any questions, please contact Janni Pedersen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SWAA Poster Guideline
- The title (suggested font size between 60-80) of your presentation along with the presenter(s) name(s) (suggested font size between 40-50) should be at the top of the poster.
- You should identify the institution with which you are associated.
- Content should be clear and concise and should include brief statements with selective information in the following areas:
- Important References
- Consider the flow of your poster. It should lead the viewer through the presentation in a logical manner, with transitions where appropriate.
- Include labels for each section of the presentation (suggested font size between 30-40).
- Content lettering should be readable from several feet away, i.e., bold font (suggested font size between 20-30).
Is your poster reader-friendly, clear and concise? Ask the following questions:
- Am I drawn to this poster?
- Is it visually appealing?
- Can colleagues quickly examine the poster and understand major points?
- Would an interested reader learn enough to ask informed questions?
Logistics of Poster Presentations:
- Set up time will be 15 minutes before the poster presentation time.
- SWAA will provide easels and a hard-back poster board. You must bring your own poster and something to attach your poster to the board.
- Posters should not exceed 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall.