AUTHOR GUIDELINES FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION TO SOUTHWESTERN ANTHROPOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION ANNUAL PROCEEDINGS
- Please note that if you presented your paper as part of an organized session, it is not necessary that everyone in your session submit their papers; your paper may be submitted as an individual submission. If your paper has multiple authors, please include information about each author as requested in the Author Guidelines.
- Please submit your final review copy directly to the current editor Sarah G. Grant.
- Submissions will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, September 15, 2019. No contributions can be accepted following this date. By keeping to this deadline, we can reasonably prepare and publish the Proceedings in time to be available at the upcoming 2020 Conference.
- Your manuscript should be submitted electronically to the current editor [2019 – Sarah G. Grant]. Put SWAA Proceedings in the Subject Line.
- Please use the linked Author Guidelines (see below) for SWAA Proceedings to generate your manuscript for submission (guidelines prepared by Dr. Barbra Erickson).
- Your paper will be peer-reviewed by an editorial committee composed of three or more anthropologists. You will receive a response of Accept, Accept with Minor Revisions, Accept with Major Revisions, or Reject. For papers accepted with revisions, you will be notified at that time of the deadline for submitting the final revised manuscript.
General Information: See Author Guidelines for more details
- As this is a Conference Proceedings, the paper you submit should have the same title and abstract that was used for the conference
- There is no specific page minimum or maximum, but a typical paper for the conference might be 5,000 to 8,000 words.
- Please submit your file as a .doc or .docx.
- Please do not use any automatic formatting—minimal formatting is appreciated.
- You are welcome to include relevant photos. Please send photos as separate, labeled file attachments when you send your manuscript. See attached Author Guidelines for more details.
- Please provide attributions for all photos, figures, charts, etc. [(e.g.) photo (or graph) by author; or give detailed reference for the work; or permission to use, if relevant].
- All papers must use SAA citation style for in-text citations and reference lists.
- All papers must follow standard SAA citation guidelines.